Thursday 12 May 2016

I Might Be Overzealous About Home Security

I might be a bit overzealous about home security Austin. I have trained everyone in my home to keep windows and doors locked at all times. We also have the signs and stickers in our yard and windows about a home security system, since I know such deterrents throw burglars off most of the time. 

However, for the ones that would not be put off, the stickers and decals are for a different company than we actually use for our home security system. If anyone thinks they know how to get around the provider we use, they're in for a shock to discover it's someone different.

If that's not enough, we've got two dogs. One we keep in the yard all the time, and the other is indoors. Neither likes strangers.

And, on top of all this, we have a landline phone in every room of the house. Every room. Even the bathrooms. Anyone in the home can call 911 from anywhere.

Some of my friends find it all a little paranoid and creepy, but I had some bad relationships before I met my current spouse, and my experiences are not anything I want my current family to understand or go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment